Tuesday 3 November 2009

Bunker - Robert Kusmirowski

Currently exhibiting at the Barbican Curve Gallery until 15 January 2010:

Polish artist Robert Kusmirowski draws inspiration from his own imagination and personal memories to create a highly atmospheric installation, he has transformed the Curve Gallery into a World War Two-era bunker.

In conjunction with this installation Robert Kusmirowski has produced a limited number of photographic prints an example of which is shown on the left. I find the anonymity of the model shown very interesting, which has influenced some of my own ideas in connection with my own bunker project.

I hope to be able to make a trip to London to visit this exhibition as I believe it is closely related to my current assignment. I find the relationship between people and their surrounding environments very interesting and love the idea the artist creating a fictitious shelter from his imagination to be experienced by gallery visitors.

No comments:

Post a Comment