Tuesday 3 November 2009

Hack Green Nuclear Bunker - Test Shots/Action Research









Initial test shots/action research from Hack Green Nuclear Bunker, Cheshire

I have tried through these images to familiarise myself with the interior of the Bunker. I have used them as a reference throughout my research to try to imagine what it might be like to live in an underground facility.

The desk lamp lighting creates a sense of claustrophobia and drama which accentuates the feeling of being underground.

I find the interiors almost cinematic in their aesthetic, though this may be subject to their content, having only previously encountered such environments through the medium of cinema. This quality brings to mind B Movies from the 1960s, perhaps through the age and period of the interiors.


No comments:

Post a Comment